Sunday, March 8, 2015

7logoLogo of My Little PonyLogo of My Little Pony
The My Little Pony Logo is one that has undergone quite of few changes since the Brand was created by designers in the Hasbro company and launched in 1983. The Logo is most likely recognizable among those who had My Little Ponies as a child.  It has undergone so many design and color changes that Logo recognition hasn't been the franchises strongest point.  The original font for the logo was a simple serif font with a drop shadow for a 3D effect.  In later years the logo's font would change to a highly stylized san serif font with a gradient, and this is the logo that I recognize from my childhood.  I like the logo for personal reasons but from a design standpoint it has more colors than are usually desired in a logo but since it is a brand that is marketed towards young girls this probably isn't a problem.  The current logo has four colors and a new stylized font.  I like the logo that I relate to, and that is the problem with the franchises inconsistency to create a familiar and recognizable logo.  Each time the logo has been changed it has been changed so drastically that each generation has a different logo to relate to, which  won't help with marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment